This last week we had Monday off for Martin Luther King Day, so we went sledding,and then on friday morning Scott was home so we were able to take the girls bowling. Both activities were a lot of fun. It has been pretty cold and snowy here (although nothing close to my friends in Canada) so anything we get to do out of the house is exciting! Sara loved the snowsuit...everytime I tried to sit her up she flopped over and cried. But the girls loved sledding over by our house. there is a drainage area that is perfect for them, not too big or busy.
Bowling was fun, we ended up having a slow start to the day and by the time we got to the bowling alley, Sara was ready for a nap but of course just stayed awake and complained. The other girls loved it. We loved the fancy bumpers which you can program on the computer to go up for the kids and down for the Adults. Of course I kicked Scott's bum...I was almost an intramural bowling champ in college, with our team the Toxic Twinkies!
The next day we went to Rexburg and BYU-Idaho. We went through the temple. The girls loved the sparkly chandeliers. It was beautiful inside. We then went to visit an old teacher, Brother Jex who was my advisor when I went to Ricks College (now BYUI). It was fun to see him, and good timing since he is retiring after this semester. I can't believe it has been 7 years since I was there! We saw the places I lived and had lunch at my favorite little sandwich shop, Millhollow. good times!
Other than that we have just been sick off and on, colds and Sara has a tummy flu or something. She is also getting her top two teeth at the same time and that is not fun. Isabel turned 3 on January 17th, and Sara will be one on Feb 6.
Isabel had a froggy birthday, and yes, she is wearing a ladybug costume. That girl pretty much wears dress-up all day every day
4 comments:
Yeah, I'm glad you're back to blogging! I am so jealous you got to take a trip to Rexburg. I want to go see that temple. Where is it? I have such great memories from there (sigh).
Hi Amy! I just saw Anita's comment and it made me want to be back in Monterey with you two- stamping up some cards or something! Happy birthday girls!
Love that you are blogging now! Cute pictures!!!
I don't miss the snow and cold, but my kids wish and hope for snow here! I would love to take them for a week somewhere snowy so they could go sledding and experiece snow...as long as we could come back to our Texas weather! Cute girls you guys have!
Post a Comment