Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter...

Another holiday full of SUGAR! We have kept things pretty low-key this year. We have some books about the actual Easter involving Jesus and have been reading those for about a month. And yesterday we just went to the little egg hunt the city does. Basically big flat rectangles on a field, covered with eggs. Then the horn blows and 36 seconds later it's all over. This year they were very strict about the NO PARENTS inside the rectangle. Still it was crazy. Abby has moved up to the 4-6 year old ring, while Isabel stayed in the 0-3. She got a lot more eggs. I think they had fun, although it was chilly. Isabel got two prizes-magnetic fridge numbers and a big bubble wand, which I can foresee dumping all over her in the near future. i haven't let her open it yet.
Today the Easter Bunny came with a few treats and toys, and we are just hanging out until our church at 1:00.


Sara is now almost walking. She still lacks some desire, but she's got the skillz. She likes to stand by herself and squat and stand again. it is getting warmer so I want her to walk since she refuses to sit or crawl on the ground outside. She did get her top teeth and is seeming to work on another top tooth. I thought I would get a break from this! She got nasty ear infections with the last combo of teeth and a cold. After a LONG time and two rounds of antibiotics she seems better.

The big girls got two very cool things- bunk beds and a trip to Disney Princesses on Ice. They spend hours draping blankets off the top bunk and making their house. Sara often pulls them down, but they are pretty good about letting her play. Abby sleeps on the top and they both like it. It makes a lot more space in their already tiny room.

Princesses on ice was pretty exciting. We had decent seats and went with Abby's friend Emma and her mom. It was a suprise for them all. The best part was the incredibly expensive souveneirs, but what can ya do. Abby chose a spinning light wand thing. Isabel wanted an Ariel doll. I tried to talk her out of it, since you can get a better one for half the price at Wal-Mart, but that's what she wanted. Sigh.


I can't forget the last first for Sara...a pony ride at the Farm at Thanksgiving Point. We went on Friday. It was kinda cold, but Scott had been away at a course for 2 weeks so we needed to do something fun. I was betting Sara would like the pony ride, Scott bet she'd freak....he won.


3 comments:

Jessica said...

That picture of Sarah on the horse is heart-breaking. She is looking at you like, "Mom! What have you done to me? And why are you just standing there? Save me!" It's really sad. Your girls are so cute and so big! Isabel and Sarah look a lot alike. Thanks for finally updating your blog!

Jenny said...

All your events looked so fun! I can't believe how big your family is! Gotta love the bunkbeds....my boys can spend hours playing on them.

Amy said...

yes, I only forced her one time around, thinking sh'e like it once we got going...no. I exitted pretty quickly. Can you believe my other two don't need an escort any more!