I figured it would be easier to just do pics in one post and write in another, considering I can never get the words next to the right pictures, anyways. So here is the latest from us:
Scott finally graduated from FLETC on March 2 and took a few days to drive home. It was very good to finally see him, and have him around. He did very well in his course and got awards for his driving and shooting skills. Not a suprise, but we are proud of him. I guess the instructor shouldn't have told him "no one can get up that hill, it's impossible." Scott did not love being in Georgia, but he learned a lot about being a Law Enforcement officer and all that that entails, like handcuffing, questioning people, and lots of other things I personally hope he never uses. He now has lots of cool toys, from fancy flashlights to a Tazer to a truck, so he is happy. I think he will be even happier when he is in Monticello on his own. He is now training in Ogden, and will be training with different people the next few months.
A few days after Scott got home, he and I drove down to Monticello to sign some things, pick colors, and look at a house similar to ours. It was a long day, 4 hours each way but it was good to be together. We picked most of our colors and agreed on them, and later finished picking our flooring closer to home. We are excited to get going on it all. Things have taken longer than we thought, but I think we are going to be digging a hole on monday, and pouring concrete on April 1.
On Sunday after Scott got home, we headed out for California. We stopped in Fillmore with Aunt Tafta to go to part of church, and then hit the road again. We drove to Barstow and stopped for the night. It was a good day of driving, we had packed all our food and the girls did well. The next day we got to LA, checked into our hotel early and then went down to the beach. Those are the first pics by the pier and with Sara by the puddles, and sand castle. Sara was afraid of te waves, but the girls loved it. Sara found the puddles and played in the sand. They all collected lots of seashells. After that we ate and walked to Disneyland to check how long it took. we also got our tickets without long lines. The next day was all Disney, and I have to say a lot of the rides are really scary for small children. But after a few misses, we had a lot of fun. Sara needed her nap, so she and Scott went back to the after lunch and I stayed and did a few other rides with the girls. Wednesday we had "lunch with the Princesses" which I had pre-booked. It was pricey but better than standing in the princess lines. Just the big girls and I went, since all the online reviews said it took a while. You get 3 course meal and 4 princesses come around to each table. The girls liked it, but didn't have a lot to say to them. We had a fancy dessert, that is the picture. The next day we went on a lot of rides the girls knew they liked. We got there early and left early, so the lines were not too bad. The kids were really good about waiting. Overall it was an exhausting but fun trip. We had a cool hotel with a kid suite. It had bunkbeds and a fold out couch, and a king-size bed for me and Scott. I booked everything in October, but it was all great and except for the really expensive food in LA, it was all good. The last night Scott took the older girls back to watch the fireworks show, and they really liked it. We drove back in one day and were happy to be home!
Now we are back to showing the house and all the regular stuff. Abby missed school a lot and is happy to be back. Scott is working and busy, but we get to see him at night so it's ok. Baby #4 is still kicking and growing and I can't believe I am 30 weeks and getting into the 2 week doctor visits. I am not that uncomfortable, but getting there. I still sleep fine, so that is nice.
We hope you are all happy and healthy!
3 comments:
Whew! Just reading about it all leaves me breathless. Loved the photos, esp. the smiles. You guys rock.
Sorry we missed you guys! Sounds like you had a lot of fun though. I must be a mean mom because I refuse to fork out the money for lunch with the princesses:)
Yeah....Scott is back!!
Post a Comment