Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Puppy-5 weeks

When we put in our deposit on the puppies, we were third in line to pick. Since the first two people wanted boys, we had three girls to pick from. Then one of the puppies was born without a tail and had some other health problems that she was born with. So we were down to two. Then there was a mix up with another litter and the breeders' vet got bumped to our litter and picked a girl. So we have ended up with this puppy, no choosing involved. I have been assured they are all sweet and quite alike, especially at this age, but I was a little disappointed. I have done so much research and wanted to be able to pick the dog we liked best. But that's the way it is. I keep telling myself i might have picked this one anyways. I mostly just wanted a good personality to the dog, for dealing with the kids and in the future I may want to do some therapy dog work. This is where you take the dog to nursing homes or schools, other places to help people and cheer them up. There are some tests and things the dog needs to pass to do this sort of thing. So fingers are crossed this will be a great puppy, and that we can train her well. We have already bought a few things to get ready, I have read some more books. Scott seems to be resigned to the idea. Whitney is still obsessed with puppies so we imagine she will be overjoyed when ours arrives. The breeder is four hours away and we were planning on going this weekend to pick our puppy, but since we don't have a choice anymore and this is a really busy weekend, we'll have to go later. I am ready to meet them and see the real deal in all their cuteness, instead of just reading about chewing, accidents and all the other problems dogs can have. T-Ball sign up sheets have arrived and we may have all three girls in it. Ahhh! I am glad the field is close. We had to order Abby a left-handed glove so that should arrive soon. Sara says she wants to play but i wonder how she will do. She is a sweetheart, but unpredictable. We'll try it. The yard work continues and we need to get going onthis fence project. Window-well covers have been ordered and should be ready in 2-3 weeks and that will help a lot when Whitney is outside. Scott's parents were able to come down a few weeks ago and brought us a door for our storage room. it went up quite easily and works great. Previoulsy we had a nice chunk of plywood across the doorway to keep the kiddos out. They also brought us the last shelves we needed for the storage room and those are up. Then the cement we needed to put up the clothesline and scott got to dig a nice hole and play with cement. We did have a few minutes to go on a drive to see some Anasazi cliff ruins Scott knows about. We also spent that weekend watching General Conference for church and it was good but I am glad we can read it after since it was hard to concentrate with the kids runnning around. Sunday morning we did Conference Bingo, and that was fun, although the jelly bean markers did not last long. It's fun anyways.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

That baby is a football with legs! How cute is that? Sorry you didn't get to pick your puppy out...this may mean that she is meant for you and all things fell into place so you would be sure to have her in your family. Oh, I'm anxious to meet her.
Love your post! Brings back memories...3 kids in T-ball at once! I saw a pink and black glove at Cdn. Tire and thought of your girls - want me to pick it up or are you good now?
We know Abby is a good ball player - hope the others have a fun time and learn lots. Sigh, if only they were more competitive!
Grandma CC