An awesome lizard we saw on the side of the road
Yellow-headed collared lizard.
Lewis lodge where we hiked to
If you can click on this and enlarge it, you can read about it.
bunch of the cacti were just about to bloom, so pretty.

ancient corn cobs from 1200-1300 AD
Scott by the two story building
the other side of the canyon where we climbed down.
Picture down the canyon with a pool from a seep with hanging garden.
Looking into Arch Canyon
A small but beautiful creek with waterfalls on the way home


Bouquet Mom sent for the birthday, with my cards and leftover anniversary flowers.
Scott's parents were down for the weekend of my birthday to visit and help us work on the fence. We took advantage of the great babysitting to go on a hike ALL BY OURSELVES! it's been a while. Scott brings home a lot of pictures and stories, so i feel like I know about these places, but it was wonderful to really get out there. The weather was perfect, too. Not common this "spring." We drove south, past Blanding and then on dirt roads for a while. We then hiked across to the edge of the canyon and hiked and climbed our way down to the crevice where the cliff dwellings are. You follow the crack around and get to a stone wall entrance where the Anasazi could guard their homes. It is quite high up but wide enough it isn't really scary. There are a lot of different buildings and they go on far down the cliff. We didn't go past where it was getting really narrow. There are all the stone buildings, and wood that dates to about 1200 AD. The corn cobs are kind of unbelievable, but it is so dry they are still there. We explored around then headed back. I wish I could hike like that every day, so much more fun that being yelled at by Jillian Michaels in my basement! The lizard in the pics was so cool, I just spotted him on the side of the road, sunning himself on a rock. I got out to take pics and he just stared and hung out, and I was really close since I don't have a good zoom lens. It was a fun day. Earlier, the girls and I and Jane went to Wal Mart to let the menfolk work on the fence. I got myself a DQ cake. So that was the big day. I don't really feel too worried about my age. I still feel young, and people still ask me if Whitney is my first baby, so that helps. I do see wedding announcements and think the happy couples look like teenagers, but I guess that is gonna happen. They probably look at me like a boring old mom who has not much in common with them. shrug. life goes on. Thanks to all of you who called or sent a card or note on Facebook.
1 comment:
Wow, what a good photographer you are, Amy. Awesome shots, far aways and close ups. You should plan to hike again when GCC can babysit this summer...or will it be too hot?
Post a Comment