Sunday, July 24, 2011

Abby is Eight

Cake Pops-I have been thinking about trying these for a long time, so I did. It was a lot of work for a little bite, but so cute. If you are at all interested, look here. It is basically crumbled cake mixed with the frosting, made into chilled balls and dipped in chocolate coating. And don't forget the sprinkles...lots of sprinkles!
Abby"s star on the "walk of Fame"
Isabel playing "pin the string on the guitar"

Abby turned eight on this week. She is so excited! She is one of the youngest in her class, so it has been a long time coming. We invited a lot of little girls and most were able to come. They had a lot of fun getting accesorized like a rock star, crimping hair, doing air bands, playing with balloons and all the other activities. Abby got some really cute presents and she was very happy. It was stressful to put all together, and Scott ended up being out of town the week before and the day of the party, but luckily I found someone to watch the little girls so I could focus on Abby. The difference between and eight yr old party and a 4 yr old party is very apparent, and I am sorry to say SO MUCH EASIER on the mom!
Abby is so smart and interested in everything. She is a great helper and I probably rely on her too much as the oldest, but she is so good at it. She loves her sisters, even if there is the occasional squabble. She loves to read and is going through many chapter books now. She really tries to do what is asked of her and we are so thankful to have Abby in our family. Happy birthday! She will be baptized on August 6. In our church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, children are baptized at eight, which we believe is the age where they start to become accountable for their choices. She will be baptized by immersion by her dad. We are so excited for this special day!

1 comment:

kcwatson said...

Happy birthday Abby! the cake pops look yummy..something my kids would love, I'll have to try them (along with the pancake sprinkles recipe..thanks for that link). I totally agree that older kids parties are a bit easier on Mom. Your girls are so cute, thanks again for having us! We had a great time.