Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Wall of W's

I found this idea on the same blog as my Painted Wallpaper, here is the post she did. I started collecting a few W's months ago, and today I finally got them put up. It will be a work in progress, as I would like to add more and have a few ideas I am still working on, but we'll see how it goes, and how interested the little guy is in them if they are within his reach. I made a bunch of them yesterday, and had the girls help me. I did not take pictures of that craziness,sorry. 
 Here is the pile of W's.
 I laid it out on the floor to get it how I wanted it, and it sorta went up that way. I pretty much eyeballed it, and drove in nails for each one, hung them and went on to the next. Here are some of the individual letters:
 This is a cardboard\paper mache one I got here at the scrap booking store. I wanted to add a pop of color to our green\blue\beige\white thing we have going. I tried to do ombre, not sure if i love it but I can always change it later.
 I had a pile of old chalkboards like this that I got for free. I had 3 of the girls write with chalk, then I painted on top of that.
 Watercolor W. Printed out a cute font from Microsoft Word, traced it on and followed these directions. It was so easy and I really love this one. Frame is from WAAAAY back, used to be Scott's before we met.
 Couple of Hobby Lobby ones, on sale, yay. I think they were a dollar or two.
 Old frame I had from the Eagle Mountain crafty Super Saturdays. Grabbed some burlap, taped it to a piece of cardboard. Printed and cut out another W on cardstock, set it on the burlap and dabbed paint around it.
 Isabel's creation: Bubble painting and a chipboard W.
 Sara's on the left with a mermaid with a ukulele,singing and fish.Whitney's on the right with flowers with glitter centers and smiley faces. Old frames we had.
 Abby's drip painting on canvas.
An old frame I had, sprayed it gold, which we also had in the garage (I have no idea why, maybe Scott does macaroni art on the side that I don't know about) The nature paper is actually left over from our wedding invitations we made ourselves, and the W is twigs from our neighbor's pruning pile.
 All of them up on the wall
I have really enjoyed this project and I like how it turned out. Now go make your own monogram wall! :)

2 comments:

OCQG said...

I love it. Amy, you amaze me.

Chelsea said...

I vote YES on the ombre W. The big W at the bottom right is my fav, though.