Monday, January 19, 2009

Everything since Christmas...ahh!



I am trying to catch up on almost a month of news, so please forgive the setup of this post... For Christmas Scott got to come home for 4 days. It was really good to see him, and fun to suprise the girls. They knew he was coming, but not when. He got here very late and so he was just there when they woke up. Even Sara was excited, I was not sure how she would react to him, but she loves her daddy. We are so looking forward to when he is finally home for good. The picture of the room is Scott's room at FLETC in Georgia. He shares a bathroom with a guy next door, but otherwise has his own little dorm. He is doing well out there but is ready to be done. Scott got here on Christmas Eve, we were able to just hang out and spend time together. We did a few projects, but didn't have much planned. I got the girls new pajamas, but they all were a little big. Christmas day was fun, the girls got their stockings and were excited about those. Sara was sick and grumpy, but that seems to be the norm this winter. There was a lot of Barbie and princess stuff this year. I got a really nice camera, which I am trying to figure out, so any of my photographer friends can give me any advice they have! I made Scott a shadow box and scrapbook of all his Army medals, awards, and certificates. I still can't believe he's really not in the military anymore. I miss some of the discounts, but I'm so glad he never got deployed. We enjoyed most of our time with the National Guard. Thanks to everyone who sent us gifts!


Scott headed back to Georgia all to soon, but the girls did better than I thought they would. They are brave. We hung out until school started up again, and we got back in our routine. Abby was asking when Kindergarten was every day. She loves school. Our next big event was Isabel's birthday this weekend. She turned 4 and got her Mermaid birthday she has been asking for pretty much since Abby birthday in July. On friday we had a few friends over for a party and it went really well. They made necklaces, popped balloons and ate cake. Saturday we went to the new Draper temple open house and toured that with Scott's parents and brother and his family. It was cool to see. We went to Rexburg, ID last year on Isabel's birthday to see that temple, so this is getting to be a habit :) After the temple we went back to Orem and had a little family party. I ordered a Dairy Queen cake and they did a great job on it. It was fun but we were all exhausted and came home. Isabel got a little scooter to go with the one Abby got for Christmas. Hers has 3 wheels, though. We can't wait for the snow to melt a little so they can quit rididng around the house! I gave her a lot of dresses since she pretty much refuses to wear anything else, no matter what the temperature. I got a ton on clearance, so I was happy. She also got the movie with Ariel's daughter and Tinkerbell movie from Scott. I hope it was all she wanted, she has been talking about it forever!























If I haven't said it on here, we are expecting our fourth child at the end of May. As of last Tuesday, everything is looking great, the baby is perfect, and my previous problems seem to have healed up. I continue to "take it easy" as much as I can being a single mom showing a house. We put the house up last week as well and have had a few people come through. If you want to check Realtor.com, it is Eagle Mountain, UT priced at 179,500. It is a snowy brown house that says "cute and clean"...no pressure :) We hope it will sell soon so we can comfortably start building our house in Monticello. I think that's about it so I hope to post with more news soon! Happy New Year to all!



No comments: