Sunday, February 8, 2009

A quick Hello

This weekend Scott was able to fly out for a fabulous 36 hours together. We went to Mimi's Cafe for breakfast, went to Cabela's ( a must) and hung out. This morning he and the girls went on a short Blazer ride...we were both amazed the thing started, let alone ran. I got to shower ALL BY MYSELF! The girls sure miss their daddy, but they are good girls and we now have so few days we were able to make a paper chain countdown. The countdown also had to include "Balentimes" Day, which is very exciting for some reason. I am not sure yet what I am going to do, but I have some other friends with military husbands....I just remembered I need to get a baby sitter! Anyways, there are about 25 days to go. It is funny how that seems short when compared to the long time he's been gone, but it is still a while. I have been insanely busy these past few weeks, which has made them go by pretty quickly. We have started talking to our builder for our house in Monticello, and are excited about the whole thing. it is stressful but fun at the same time, especially since I am pretty much doing it all myself. We will probably break ground in early march. Scott wants to make sure nothing crazy happens to prevent him from graduating his course, then we will sign the papers. Any of you who have built, we will take advice. The company is smaller and seems really on top of things, but you never can tell. I feel good about them, though. their website is http://www.bishop-homes.com/ and the plan we like is the Melborn, but it's different from the plan they have on there, a little. They are very flexible with changes.
Sara turned 2 on Friday...I will post pics later, when I download them. We did not do anything too fancy, but she loved being sung to, and loved singing to herself! Isabel learned to write her name this week, and Abby got Student of the Month for her Kindergarten class. I managed to keep everyone clothed and fed, and even folded some laundry! Took girls to check-ups and made a birthday cake, kept Scott's visit a surprise and kept one baby in the tummy. I have a checkup on tuesday and another ultrasound in 2 weeks to make sure everything is still ok with the baby. I still stress about everything, but am hopeful I can have this baby at the right time.
The house has been showing 2-3 people per week the last little while, but we have also gone 2 weeks without a visit. It should pick up a little more as the weather gets warmer. We are not too worried, but optimistic it will sell.
Here are a few pics of Abby and Isabel at 2 years old...Sara's to come soon!


3 comments:

Colleen said...

You're amazing, you guys. Loved the update, and yes, 25 days seems so short after a long separation. I remember what Abby and Isabel looked like at two...wasn't it just yesterday? Looking forward to Sara's pix.

Anonymous said...

You are doing an awesome job Amy!! I'm glad Scott got to come home if only for a few short hours. Sounds like everyone enjoyed the time.

jeremycrystal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.