Well, it took a while for us to get the internet up and running, and now I just have not had much uninterrupted time, but I know I needed to get some pics and info up for all our friends and fam who care to know what we're doing.
The move went quite well. We loaded up and Scott and his parents drove down to Monticello. I stayed with my mom to clean the house and then we drove about an hour to a motel, went swimming and stayed the night. We left in the morning and drove the remaining 3 hours to the house. That way most of the stuff was in the house. A few people came to help, which was nice. We then got to the job of unpacking. My mom was able to stay with us for about another week and a half and that was a huge help. She got to play with the girls, and hold Whitney, which was the biggest help for me. Scott's parents also helped a ton, so thanks to all the grandparents! We met some really nice people at church on Sunday and had a lot of great neighbors stop by. The town itself is quite small, but it has everything a person really needs. It is such a change to be able to go pick up eggs or milk without it being an hour long production like it was in Eagle Mountain. The grocery store is tiny, but only about a block and a half away. The house is beautiful, and very well done. Of course there have been a few issues with things not being finished, but overall it is good. Who needs a mirror in the bathroom, anyway....
The girls have done pretty well. They miss their friends and other things we were used to, but generally they like Monticello. We can't believe it when Scott drops by for lunch, so different from before, and especially the last year where we barely saw the guy!
Scott LOVES his job, and has been single-handedly cleaning up the National Forest around here. He also managed to break out the back window of his work truck with a 4 wheeler. He was very busy with the 4th of July, checking on people doing fireworks, and also the 24th, with is pioneer Day, Utah's state holiday which also has a lot of campers and fireworks to check on. He has talked to a lot of good people, and also some who are not happy to see him, but I guess that goes with the job.
I have met a few other moms around here, and people at church. Everyone has been really nice but Whitney keeps me from really socializing too much. Or maybe it's my lack of sleep. Anyways, I have spent a lot of time trying to get the house how I want it, changing the kitchen cupboard layout several times. I am adjusting to the lack of shopping, and the lack of 24 hour stores. It is funny to be in a town again where things close at 5 or 6. There is a Wal-Mart about an hour away. It is a drive for sure. But a Dairy Queen ice cream cake can survive all the way, so that is good to know! I love the weather down here and am enjoying keeping windows open day and night. I hated the summer in Utah county, that was when I missed Canada the most. I couldn't stand how early it got hot and how it never cooled down at night. So this has been great. We will see how the winters do, though!
Abby turned six on the 21st. We invited anyone close to her age we could find and it turned out well. She also had an early birthday when Grandma CC was here, and presents when her other grandparents were here the weekend before it. She is getting big! We are woking with flashcards of sight words so she will be totally ready for first grade!
Isabel misses her friends the most, we loved Alena next door, and Caden across the street. But she does like the house and town and goig for rides in the mountains. Sadly there are only 2 people who do preschool in town and they are full, so I don't know if she'll be able to do that. I hope she can get in dance or something else, anyways. I am not up for doing another parent taught school, but who knows.
Sara is 2 and loving it. She is sortof potty training, but with the mmove and the baby and all that it is a little much. She could do it any time, if she wasn't so stubborn and I wasn't so afraid of scrubbing our new carpets. I just can't chase her around all day. But we'll see, there's got to be something that will work.
Whitney is now 2 months old and jus started smiling! she is soooo cute when she grins. She won't do it for the camera, but sometime I will catch her and post it. She is now 10 lbs 13 oz, generally healthy but we think she has a little reflux. She spits up a lot and screams when she eats, but not all the time. The doctor gave us a prescription for baby Zantac, but we'll see how she does.
The last news is our house drama.... long story short. We were so lucky to get an offer while I was in the hospital with Whitney. Seemed perfect, to close right as we moved out. Then the buyers decided to close some credit cards and ruin their credit score. They are trying for a government loan where you have no down payment. So they took weeks to find out the problem. But they were trying to fix it. Meanwhile they ran over the date on the contract. Their agent wasn't worried about it. Then they came back with an extension for 2 weeks. We said ok. Then they ran over that date. We put the house back onthe market. By that time the utilities had been off over a month, and our yard was frying in 100 degree heat. We also had to do another mortgage payment, etc. We decided to just cut our losses with them, get the earnest money and try to sell to someone else. But then they came back saying they were really approved, and now we are still waiting to get the final "yes, they are printing documents" phone call. Throughout the process the buyers and their agent have been difficult to say the least, but i won't go into all that. We are thankful to have gotten an offer, but this buyer's market allows people to be completely inconsiderate. Even though they have cost us a lot of time, stress and money and have broken their contract twice, we are still at their mercy, we get no more money or anything, the offers stands as it was months ago. let's just hope this is all over within the next week, then we just have to do the mortgage on this house, which of course, appraised low by the one appraiser in town. fun, fun ,fun. but we are blessed and have lots to be thankful for. I think this has been the most stressful year of my life but I am ready to get all of this done, get back to school and routine and get some friends and move forward.
our mailing address is
PO box 1031
Monticello, UT 84535
our physical address is 333 N 150 W
our phone number is still 801-847-6263. we have anew cell, but it's just for when we are out on the road, if you call this number and let it ring it will forward to the cell if we're out.
4 comments:
Wow! That is one heck of an update! Your new town sounds a lot like the town I grew up in. Don't worry, you really do get used to things shutting down at 6pm. In high school many friends had to spend the night at my house purely because all of the gas stations were closed for the evening. Small towns are great in their own little way.
Wow Amy, I don't envy all you have had to go through in this past year!! It'll all make you stronger though;) Your talk about a small town makes me so jealous. Ever since we've moved to LA, I've thought how great it would be to live in a small town...not that I don't love LA, it's just a lot of poeple EVERYWHERE!! Anyways, hang in there, hope all goes well with the house. You are amazing. Oh, and I'm so jealous of your FOUR cute little girls:0)
Good to hear all of the news about the Watson family! And thanks for the new address! Hopefully we can come see you guys...maybe next year.
I can't believe how big Whit is getting. Your girls are going to get so big by the next time I see them. Your house looks beautiful!
Post a Comment