Saturday, August 22, 2009

Back to School

This is an attempt to get a picture of Whitney smiling. She grins the biggest, sweetest smiles now but never for the camera. She also did a tiny giggle a few days ago. I am sure she will be laughing all the time once her sisters figure out how to get her to do it.
Abby's first day of school. That is the school behind her, she is on our back porch. So nice. On Friday it was early out and I didn't know because I never really got a schedule, so after waiting a while she just walked home. I was kindof upset about the whole thing, but glad she can do that quickly and safely.

Isabel loves to pick up Whitney, I'm not sure Whitney likes it but it's cute sometimes. So far all the girls have been really good with the baby.
Abby holding Whitney.
Isabel climbed on Scott and stayed there while he stood up and walked around. Good thing we have vaulted ceilings.
The news-Well, we finally sold our house, it was anti-climactic and still doesn't seem real, it has been such a long process. Finally after we went up north to sign papers, nothing happened. Then we had to wait a whole other weekend, including finding out the government loan people don't work on Fridays. So monday there was no word, then tuesday it happened, they signed and we had to sign a few extra papers. Of course the money we made took two days to get to our bank, so on Friday I was calling everyone trying to find it before another weekend passed. But now it is all good. I assume the people moved in and now can deal with the weeds, the utility payments and all of those stressful things. We are thankful it did sell, and are looking forward to getting our loan done on this house, since we are still on the construction loan. The next big project is the lawn, which will be a lot of work, but so nice to have done. Scott has big plans for the sprinkler system, I just want somewhere for the kids to play and a few trees. We will also put in a garden area, but will have to figure out a way to keep the deer out. people here have all kinds of fences, even electric fences around flower beds!
Abby likes school, she has only had 2 days. She is making friends and likes her teacher. She was confused the first day in the cafeteria, since I packed her a lunch, but hopefully she will get into the routine. It is different having her gone all day. Sara says she misses her. But it's good, she loves to learn. In a few days we start with Isabel's preschool, Tuesday and Thursdays, then she has dance Wednesday mornings, and Abby has it Thursday after school. They are both in a ballet\tap combo. That was the only choice, but it should be good for them.
Whitney is becoming a happier baby. She is growing so quickly. She likes to sit up in my lap and just hang out. She still take a lot of naps in the swing and sleeps pretty well at night. I have started putting her in the crib in Abby's room and that has worked. She used to need to be elevated a little, but she seems to be ok flat on her back now. I am so glad Scott was able to add a plug to the swing so it doesn't take batteries. Much better this way.
Scott's grandma Vos (his mom's mom) died this week and he flew out to Minnesota for the funeral. Sadly, the girls and I never met her. He is coming back in a few hours, but has been called out to help with a marijuana grow somewhere. They want him to listen to the radios since he speaks Spanish. So we will only get to see him a few minutes. It is not fun, but we are pretty used to it. I worry about this kind of thing but hopefully all goes well and he comes back soon. At least he gets overtime....
I am ready to get back into a routine, hoping that all these activities help us get to know more people. We still don't have the microwave we have been waiting for...but it's supposed to come this week :)
Hope all of you are enjoying the end of summer. My dad will be here over Labor Day weekend, so that should be fun. Anyone else who wants to come visit, you are welcome!



3 comments:

kcwatson said...

Scott speaks Spanish?? His mission I guess? Nice that the school is so close! Sorry to hear about Scott's grandma.

leah said...

Sounds like things are going pretty good. I'm so glad your house sold. Haven't met the new neighbors yet but we'll probably take them cookies tonight for FHE. We miss you guys. Caden misses his Isabel.

Pam said...

I'm glad the house sold. Sorry about Scott's grandma. Have fun with your dad!