Sunday, September 13, 2009

September begins

Grandpa Gulka with all the girls
One of the cutest babies in the world :) She is growing so fast!

A small fire in the mountains, we did s'mores. Sara was hiding in the van. I guess it's better she's afraid of fire than fascinated by it.
The apple cake with cream cheese icing I made for my Dad. The first time I've been with him on his birthday, luckily I had some left over candles that worked out perfectly....
An "Indian" ruin by the side of a gravel road in a place called Montezuma canyon. There are many of these in our area, some are marked attractions, others are just left alone.

Our family at the top of Needles Overlook, near Canyonlands park. Pictures can't do it justice.
Grandpa Gulka and Whitney getting to know each other

Isabel's first day of Tap\Ballet combo class. Her teacher is great and she has friends in the class.
The past few weeks have been pretty busy, but good. We are all healthy and happy. My dad was able to come visit on Labor Day weekend. We stayed home and played together, and also made a few short trips. As the kids get older I am sure we will go farther to see more things. Most of the attractions in the area involve rocks, but it is interesting to see them all. Scott has been busy with work, he ran into a hunter who only wanted elk horns, so Scott told him we'd take the meat if he got one. He did not think the guy would actually call him, but he did and so we got a few hundred ponds of elk meat, free! I did make Scott take it to a butcher, since I was not sure I could eat the meat after smelling it raw in the garage. So we shall see how that works. I haven't tasted it. We are getting a lot of it ground up, and also making jerky with a friend who has a large jerky drier.
All the girls are loving their schools. Sara struggles when her sisters leave, but it will be good to have time alone together. Whitney is growing so quickly and is such a sweet baby. She still wakes me up quite a bit at night, but it's ok.
We are meeting more people and making more friends every day. I love having the school so close and being able to enjoy the outdoors so easily. I think this will be a great place to raise our children. Our house is almost done, finally receiving a BLACK microwave...even if they did install it wrong. We are getting ready to hit the yard and get that done ASAP.
We still wish we could be closer to all of YOU, but our door is always open for visitors, it really is beautiful down here.

4 comments:

leah said...

I'm glad you are all doing so well! It sounds great down there. We miss Isabel at Joy School. I got all sappy and almost started crying when I took her little hand and picture out of the joy school box. I'll mail them to you guys.

Pam said...

Sounds like you're having loads of fun! The girls look great. Give them hugs for me!

kcwatson said...

So I am wondering how needles really is? We almost stopped there on way home last time we were in Utah, but opted to stop somewhere else because I was worried about my act before thinking 4 year old getting close to a cliff. Are cliffs fenced off and safe for kids?

Mandi said...

I just love your girls!!!I hope you are loving living there.