Sunday, December 27, 2009

Merry Christmas!!

The New kitchen...only took Scott until 11 pm to put it together, I don't think he realized how elaborate it is, but hopefully this will provide a lot of fun for a lot of years.
Ok-the thumbnail was too small so I picked the worst shot of us, but still, here is our pic with the girls in their Christmas dresses.
Opening the presents from Grandma and Grandpa on the 26th
The beautiful snow on top of our Christmas lights. This shot is up above our porch.
Christmas for our family went very well this year. All my shopping was pretty much done a month ahead, so just a little wrapping and a few other things and we were good to go. We kept things pretty low-key this year, with the kitchen being the main present. I also packed up one huge box of toys to make room for any of the new ones, and to help keep the basement under control.
Here is Abby (six-and-a-half):
"I like Christmas because it is when we celebrate when Jesus was born. And it is about giving to others. And spending lots of time with our family and give presents. This year I got a new little hamster that came with a bottle, I can't resist playing with it. and the night on Christmas eve before the day that was Chrsitmas we made placemats with my sisters and Mom and Dad. Yesterday my grandma and grandpa came over to my house. they stayed a little bit, but they had to leave this Sunday (which was today). This Christmas Day I found reindeer footprints by wher I left an apple outside. there was no core, but you know what was weird, I found tracks. Christmas is one of my most favorite time of the year."
So that pretty much sums it up. The girls played well Christmas day and the best part for me was getting to have an actual, semi-uninterrupted rest in my bed. It was nice. We cooked a turkey (thanks to Scott for doing the icky parts...touching it, taking out the neck, etc. I can make myself do it, but still love the help) Had dinner, watched a few Christmas movies on the DVR, it was really relaxing, which is not a word we use a lot around here. This week we will be headed up North to visit and do a little shopping. We have 2 birthdays in our family, and two cousins in the next two months, so I hope to get some gret bargains for all these girls! Also hoping to find some more items for my main present of bedroom decorating. Scott's parents brought down the headboard I found at Thanksgiving, so now I just have to spruce it up a little. We got a great deal on it, so that makes it all the better. i did find a fabulous little website with little butterflies, flowers, etc and the whole website was 40% off and free shipping. So cute and so cheap!! I love it! So Isabel and Sara's room will be complete soon, I am excited. Now if only I could get them to quit emptying their dresser on a daily basis, it would be perfect. I will post pics when I get it done.
Anyways, we wish all of you a happy New Year, I did not do Christmas cards, but hopefully you have been able to keep up on our doings through the blog.



3 comments:

Anita said...

Wow, now that's a kitchen!! I'm sure you'll get plenty of use for it with all those girls. Your Christmas sounds perfect!! I wish Mike would help me with the inside of the turkey...yuck!

Kendall said...

I cannot believe how big your girls are getting! We definitely need to get together and even the odds w/the boy/girl ratio in our houses. In all seriousness, Reed has declared that this little man will be named Christian Scott. So, there you go :)

Chelsea said...

we almost bought that same kitchen! last minute, we decided instead on the kidkraft cook with me or something like that. it took ty about 5 or 6 hours. it balanced out since i spent at least that much time wrapping everything else!