Friday, December 11, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Our house with Christmas lights on...I forced Scott but it turned out really nice
Whitney in Daddy's hat

Isabel in her dance outfit
Abby (left) at the recital
Isabel doing her dance "Love and Marriage" (second from the left)
The girls by the tree Scott chopped down for us.
Stripes I painted in Isabel and Sara's room...

Whitney LOVES oatmeal!
Abby's first lost tooth
December has been quite busy for us. I was able to get most of my Christmas shopping done while we were in Orem for Thanksgiving, so that was nice. We are keeping it pretty simple this year, and I already had some stuff put away, so I think we are set. We are looking forward to just hanging at home, and hopefully Scott gets a little time off. His schedule was supposed to slow down with the winter, but so far that has not been the case.
Abby lost her first tooth, we didn't notice it until she showed me that she already had her adult tooth half-way out behind it. She was so excited and told everyone we met. Now she claims to have five other loose teeth....
She and Isabel had their dance recital this week and both did really well, not too shy, and knew their dances well. Abby is also signed up for a little basketball class for first and second graders starting in January. it should be funny to watch, but I'm glad they have that here, so she can start getting some skills.
Isabel is doing well, excited for Christmas. It is so nice this year that the baby is not crawling into anything, and the older ones can actually leave things alone a little bit. Still, I am going to leave most of the presents away from the tree until a few days before Christmas.
Sara is finally potty trained!!! it was a long, messy process, but I am so glad it's pretty much over. As with my other girls, she is able to stay dry at night already, which is great. She does have a few accidents, and also loves playing with things in the bathroom now that she has access, but at least I am not scrubbing carpet every day anymore. She pretty much runs around in nothing but panties all day, purple feet and all. She is funny and smart, but also can be moody. She will be 3 in February.
Whitney has finally learned to roll!! yes, she's 6 months old and is a little slow. I think it is a combination of her being swaddled alot of the time (she still sleeps all wrapped up) and the fact that I am afraid to lay her on the floor with her sisters running all over the place. She is pretty close to sitting up, and has discovered her feet and hands. She can grab things now. She is still a pretty happy baby, but still gets up quite a bit at night. I don't know how I luck out with these babies who don't sleep, but oh well. She is a sweetheart and smiles and giggles a lot. She is very ticklish.
I have been busy painting our room and the girls' room. It was a lot of work, and I did a lot without Scott, which was crazy....the girls took full advantage of me not supervising them. Scott did help when he was around, I have to mention. Our bedroom is a dark blue color, I am getting to decorate it for my Christmas present. So I have a headboard I got on clearance sitting in Orem, waiting for the Watson delivery truck and I have some pictures I want to get up on the walls and I'm shopping around for other accessories. it should be pretty, and I'm excited. Then little by little we'll get to the rest of the house.
Scott has been busting lots of people without permits to cut Christmas trees and firewood. It is a $10-$20 permit or a $250 fine....people are not doing the math. But no one has been enforcing the rules around here for so long, I guess they don't think they'll get caught. He has also had a lot of meetings and other things around the state, so he has been gone a lot. Tonight is his work Christmas party, so that should be fun, and I will get to meet a few more people he works with. He is still loving the job, and will soon have a snowmobile he can ride around on for "work"
Anyways, we are all doing well, no major illnesses or anything here. We had a huge snowstorm which almsot blocked us in our house, but we love it, it is fun for me to see "real" snow after the northern Utah winters where it always melts away. Weird that I would enjoy seeing huge piles of snow in every parking lot, but it does reming me of home, Merry Christmas to all of you!!

5 comments:

leah said...

I'm so glad to hear from you and see your pictures. We still miss you so much! Caden saw Isabel's picture and told me he tells people she is his girlfriend. SIlly guy.

You are AWESOME. I can't believe how cute the girls room is. You definitely have a talent for decorating. Hope you have a merry christmas!

Colleen said...

Amazing photos, amazing things you are all doing. I so would love to be there to see them and you all in person! Thanks for the great posts on the blog and photos on Facebook. (Except for it's hard to see clearly through the dust on my screen and the tears in my eyes.) Love you all.

Adam said...

Make sure you take pictures of you room...sounds like it will be pretty.

I am still amazed at how big Abby is since we lived by you when she was just a little 6 month old baby!

Merry Christmas!

Adam said...

By the way, that last comment was Jessica, not Adam. Ooops.

Mandi said...

I love the painting in the room. It looked amazing!