Sunday, January 24, 2010

Snowy days

This is Whitney in her new exersaucer\walker. Once she gets bigger it can be changed into something she can hold onto and push. I usually don't buy super pink stuff, but it's all they had. She likes it and has actually been able to turn around in it the past few days. her feet barely touch. her favorite thing is the mirror, she loves looking at herself.
Abby is in a little basketball instructional league for 1st and 2nd graders. She likes it, although we missed the first practice and the last one got cancelled because of the blizzard. she will do it for 3 more saturdays
This is Isabel's friend party
After shovelling as much as we could, Scott decided we needed a snowblower. I couldn't really argue, there is nowhere else to shovel the snow and it takes forever. He was able to get a great deal on this one, and hopefullly we will be able to use it for years to come. We were hit with a huge set of storms that dumped on Monticello, the whole town shut down for a few days. I am definitely thankful for our nice, warm house, and for all the food we have stored so we do not need to worry when these things happen. Last month our Stake ( all the members of our church in town) fasted and prayed together for moisture, and I guess it worked! I am thinking about adding flood insurance before all of this melts.
Whitney is now doing very well sitting up on her own. She still tips over sideways sometimes, but mostly stays upright. She can grab at things and is putting them into her mouth. She still doesn't roll, she can do it from back to front, then she gets stuck, but really has no desire to do anything else. We are still ok with that, I like her in the same place. We are working on getting her sleep schedule more consistent so that she will sleep through the night. That means keeping her up more during the day, which makes her a little grumpy, but it will be worth it. I have been much more flexible with her because of everything else going on, I just let her nap whenever she wanted, but I would like to stay asleep all night myself, she is almost 8 months old.
The girls and I got to play out in the snow a few days ago, this is actually before the main storm hit! I buried them and dug a snow fort, and that is all under at least another foot of snow by now. The wind blows and drifts around our house, it's pretty crazy.
Scott got to make another day trip up north to exchange his silver badge and nametags for gold badge and nametags...a wonderful use of government funds we do not understand, but at least that's when he was able to get the snowblower and bring it home. He had to unload and use it before he could get his truck in the garage, it snowed the whole day he was gone. Otherwise no news, we have been snowed in, school cancelled for two days (which never happens here) and just not doing a whole lot.

1 comment:

Mandi said...

That is a crazy amount of SNOW! WOW! Kids are getting so big and cute! love m