So a lot has gone on in the last few weeks. Sara turned 3 on the 6th. Kim and Jane (scott's parents) were able to come down for one night and we went up to Moab. We went to a weird little museum and bowling, then to Denny's. it was fun but there was a lot of whining from the peanut gallery. Guess three year olds don't appreciate these sorts of things. Or at least Sara doesn't. She also had a rough time a few days before when I invited 3 other little girls to her party. I'm sure next year will be better, and I'm not sure if Whitney will get a 3rd birthday party. Sara is a sweet and funny girl but definitely was the baby a little too long. What can ya do. She is talking like crazy and is into Dora the Explorer, princesses (especially Ariel) and snacks. She mostly runs around in panties because she is a mermaid, no matter how purple her toes are. She loves her long, never cut hair to be down in her face and generally takes out any clips or ponytails I attempt. She even will put her hair back in her face if I smooth it behind her ears while she's upset about something. She has very good control of her facial expressions, and can make you laugh with them. She cannot say her "r's" and Scott's new favorite game is to have her say Rascally Rabbit. Door= doy, store= stoy, etc. it's pretty cute.
Whitney continues to grow, but still has no desire to be mobile. All her peers are moving around, but she seems to be content sitting on the floor. I am totally fine with that. I have no idea how to block off stairs and bathrooms with 3 other girls running around. Besides the obvious crazy amount of choking hazards they leave all over the floor. But we'll figure it out when it happens. She is quite a happy baby, starting to love eating baby food (only the sweet stuff) and also little pieces of bread,etc. She still doesn't always sleep through the night, I think she was close but is now working on a tooth. Someday.... she is very ticklish and loves to giggle. She will give me big, slobbery kisses, but never Scott...guess he's too prickly.
Abby is growing and reading more every day. She is doing great in school. She says she is student of the month, but I haven't heard officially. I will add a link to the local paper if she gets into it. She was student of the month in kindergarten as well. She got her report card and I met with her teacher, she got all 150 sight words correct, as well as being above the end of the year goal for reading, and we are mid-year. We are proud of her, she's a big help.
Isabel is still loving preschool. She is also enjoying dance and does really well. They have another concert coming up on the 4th of may. We have been working on her writing skills now that she knows all the letters. I need to spend more time with her so she can be super ready for kindergarten. i can't belive at this age Abby was already starting school, since her birthday was late. Isabel also loves learning sign language at preschool, so next time you see her, ask her to sign for you, it's pretty cute.
Scott has had to ride snowmobiles for work a lot lately, but somehow he manages to get through. He is still busy, but likes the job. He planned a date for us for Valentine's where we actually got a babysitter for all 4 girls (first time since we've lived here) got some Subway and went up the mountain. There is an abandoned ski hill up there. The road up to it has not been plowed since the big storms, so no one goes in there much. We borrowed a snowmobile and took my skis and Scott drove to the top so i could ski down. There was only one mishap with a tough little willow bush vs the machine, but the bush won and tipped us. Supposedly I didn't lean enough to make the turn......
Anyways, it was so fun to be out in the beautiful snowy mountains, so quiet and clean up there. I didn't wipe out at all, although the snow was a little iffy, being old, deep snow with a crust on top. It was fun, we did a few runs up and down, then went for a ride. I took some pictures of the trees and an old cabin Scott found on his adventures, and I am hoping to edit them and make them into artwork for the house. We headed back in time to feed Whitney, so it was quick but awesome. Not your typical $100 dinner out, it was way better!! Scott has also been spending time looking for a Suburban for us to buy. We have found a few good used ones, but we are waiting for the perfect one to come along. We never use our Honda now that Scott doesn't commute and has a work truck, so it needs to go. Between selling that (or trading it in) plus our tax return we are hoping to get a good deal. Then we will have a nice 4x4 for me to drive when there are storms and we are stuck in the driveway, and also a big comfy vehicle for our impending road trip to Canada in June. And for camping. It will be nice.
I have been doing my usual mom stuff, getting a little cabin fever. I don't mind staying in, as much as I mind the girls being in with me all day. I am so excited for spring and setting up our playground we got last fall, but then didn't get our yard in soon enough to do it. The girls are going to love it. I have also been busy shopping online for bedroom stuff. I think I am almost done!! I have found some really cute stuff and gotten some good deals, I am trying to wait until it is all ready and do the make-over all at once. I guess I watch too many shows on HGTV :) But I think the feeling will be nice and peaceful and we will be able to enjoy looking around at all the pretty things I found. I am excited to have my own lamp and bedside table, which i have never had, so I can read in bed, as well as some big comfy pillows for that. I will take pics when it happens, I am thinking within the next two weeks.
So that is the basic update. Things are going well, somedays are better than others but we really have nothing to complain about. Hope all my friends and family can say the same :)
3 comments:
Sounds like you've had a lot of fun lately! The girls are getting so big- how does that keep happening? :) Snowmobiling up a mountain and skiing back down sounds like so much fun- I'm totally jealous!
SO FUN!!! love the outfits!
Amers, I don't know what you're talking about. Your outfit was HOT! Your family looks adorable. I wish our kids could play and frolick. Miss you!
Post a Comment