So Halloween became quite the big event his year. Monday we were planning on carving pumpkins. I decided to invite some new people who we have meant to have over. I also invited our next door neighbors (our only neighbors), and then at the end decided to invite our friends the Knudsens as well. They are all a lot of fun, and I figured it would work to just have all the mess at our house, most of them were planning on carving that day anyways. I spent most of the day baking and cleaning. I made pumpkin cake and monster cookies. It all turned out really well and oter people brought treats, so we were set. We had a small FHE lesson and then just dug in.
Tuesday I was invited to a food storage party, but scott got home late, so i missed it. There is another one at someone else's house next week. Wednesday i had book club, which i just joined with some of the ladies around. it was funny, my last book club in Eagle Mountain was all young moms. The topic quckly turned to labor and childbirth, nursing, all kinds of things like that. Here the topic began with arthritis, hips and back surgery. I was laughing on the inside, since i had just mentioned this to Scott before I left. But i like it. No one suggested we read Twilight, so this is a step up! Thursday we had a Relief Society activity which was pretty fun.
Then comes Friday, the school carnival. They do not wear costumes at school, which is actually nice. They do a costume parade and then little carnival games in eah classroom. The Cheerleaders also did a little dinner in the cafeteria. Scott worked until right before, so it was crazy getting everything and all the costumes put together, but we did it.We went and did all the activities, talked to some people, and then made our exit. It is so nice to be able to just walk over to these things.
Saturday morning Isabel went to Donovan Atwoods birthday. This is the ex-boyfriend she was going to marry last year. Then we spent a day waiting for the halloween party. Scott worked but got home just before again. It was a chili cookoff and I made my normal chili, nothing fancy. Of course I ran out of chili powder, so it wasn't as flavorful as i would have liked. PLus I cooked it a long time, maybe too long. Anyways, I won 2nd place and got a bag of crackers for a prize. That was nice. The 1st place was a chicken chili, so I'll have to get her recipe. We had chili and cornbread then brownies for dessert. There was a little costume parade as well. Then we went out to decorate for the trunk or treat. We gave out glow necklaces which were a big hit. Scott took the girls around and I stayed at the Suburban. A storm blew in right at the end, so everyone made a quick exit. Soon after, it quit so i took the three big girls around for a little trick or treating. They had fun. Abby was Britney Chhipmunk from Alvin and the Chipmunks, the Squeakquel, Isabel was a heart butterfly, and Sara was Cinderella. Whiney was a bumblebee and then a little witch, she was just happy to people watch and get a bit of candy. She also liked carrying around her pumpkin. oh yeah, I got a purple wig and skeleton shirt at Wal-mart, since I was tired of being an Army person. I got more compliments last night with crazy purple hair than I have gotten in a long time. Maybe I should make a change...
Happy Halloween!
3 comments:
Love the blog and all the pictures of everyone. Sure do miss you guys. Wish Kim was feeling better so we could have come down.
The girls all looked so cute!
I love the bee costume. She looks so adorable.
Post a Comment