Life goes on here in Monticello. The fall has so far been beautiful and warm. The leaves are turning now on the mountain. We waited until October first to get our trees 50% off. We were able to borrow a trailer and drive an hour to Cortez to a nursery to get them. They are supposed to be fast growing, and both will display great colors in autumn. We are VERY excited about them. Now just to keep the kids, deer and dryness away from them for a few years and we'll be in business.
After thinking I was out of luck with peaches this year, Bountiful Baskets had some, and I now have about 60 lbs set out on the counter to ripen! Scott promises to help me can them, so we'll see how it goes. I need to see if I have enough jars...
Whitney is now fully walking everywhere, and is getting faster by the day. She LOVES ring-around-the-rosie, but likes to fall down the best. She doesn't need to wait until the end! it is so cute. She is really following and copying her sisters now. She doesn't say much, but I think she's on the verge of breaking out in full sentences. Whitney does things on her own schedule, and that's ok with us.
Halloween decorations are up and costumes are being put together. On October 21st we are getting family pictures by a great photographer in our area. I hope the weather will cooperate and we will get some great shots. So far, Whitney likes getting pictures taken, so we'll hope she keeps it up. When we pay for them, we get a CD, so any of you who may want copies, we can print as many as we want, in any size.
Happy Fall to all of you!
2 comments:
Oh, your trees look so nice! They will be outstanding in a few years, and so lovely to look at out your family room and kitchen windows. I can see you putting bird feeders in them (oh, no, maybe not...the deer). And in front, that one can be your sessonal decorating tree, and give your house a "loved" look.
And that Whitney! What a cutie. Should I bring some Canadian Oreos so we can see if they are just as messy in her little hands?
Loved your post today, hon.
Miss you guys. Post more, post more.
Post a Comment