Friday, March 18, 2011

Abby's first piano recital


Abby's piano teacher had a recital for her students at the beginning or March. Abby played "Christmas Bells are Ringing" with both hands. I taught her the song and then she figured out how to do it with both hands in unison. She is really amazing and I think if we spent more time at it she could really excel. I am so happy she seems to like it and picks up her little practice songs so quickly. She also teaches Isabel a little. I plan on working with her this summer and she will start lessons in the fall. Abby also played a song called "Bugle Call" She was shy to go up and practice, but when it was her turn she went up and played beautifully and said she was not nervous. Neither Scott nor I play piano much, although we both were in band,so we are hoping to give this skill to our children.

3 comments:

Anita said...

I love how little the kids look when they play that giant piano at church! I love hearing Jordan play. It's been 2 yrs now and I am amazed at how good she is!! Kya is dying to start, but it is so darn expensive!! Way to go Abby:)

Colleen said...

Congratulations, Abby! So proud of you. You look so cool in these pictures, and I am happy you weren't nervous so you could play well. It will be fun to hear you play again when I come to visit you in July! Good work, girl. And for helping Isabel learn - wow, a teacher is what you are.
Hugs,
Grandma CC

Anonymous said...

You are so beautiful Abby. Congratulations on doing a fantastic job. Grandma Jane