
Here is the first picture of our future puppy! Ahhh! I am a little excited, a lot terrified but have been looking into getting a dog for years now. I think it all started when Scott was in Georgia for months and I was home alone. At night I just wished I had someone there. I also have a friend who had a cute little dog and I really liked him, after never really being a dog person. Long story short-I have spent way to much time on the internet researching and ended up finding a breeder who has mini goldendoodles. The name is weird, but the dogs are great. This litter is a golden retreiver mom with a toy poodle dad. I am not sure on the logistics of that, but together, they produce medium sized dogs who shed very little and have a great personality. Should be quite smart as poodles and retreivers are among the top 5 intelligent breeds. Our plan is to pick up the puppy on our way back from Dan's wedding in May. And then we have all summer to play with her while Scott works insane hours. I am completely aware that this will be my dog, the girls are excited and have wanted a pet, but they were not begging for a dog. I have not talked too much about it as we have been deciding, but as it comes closer to reality we are working on habits that will keep the dog, our things and our house safe. I am sure a few dolls will have to be sacrificed. Anybody plannning on a big 30th bday present, you can donate to the puppy fund :) I am thinking this will be my May bday\mother's day\anniversary present all wrapped into one. Scott is not terribly excited about the idea, but isn't saying no. He would rather have no pet whatsoever, but hopefully we will all be happy with the decision. We are soon putting up a fence to keep the girls (and the dog) in. That will be a big project but will be so nice when it is done. The only downside is that for the second time, we are footing the bill for neighbors who are building sometime in the future, it sure would be nice to share the cost. Oh well, there's not really a way around it. We can share a small section with our one and only neighbors.

Whitney is proving more and more every day that she is a full-fledged girl. She loves sunglasses, coats, putting dresses on at all times. Her other obsession is shoes and I don't think a day goes by she isn't wearing a pair or seven, of all sizes. She is very demanding and will bring the item she wants on, and insist you help her. She is speaking a lot more and repeating words. She also manages to put a lot of things on herself. It's pretty cute. She is loving her sisters and they love to chase each other around screaming. Whitney also pretends to be a puppy all the time, ever since we went to a Christmas party with a small dog present. Sara is sure Whitney will love to chase our puppy around and play tag with it.
Whitney will be two at the end of May! She really is a sweet girl and she loves her momma. Nursery is still hard and she doesn't go very often. If we do get her to stay, she usually promptly fills her diaper, so we'll keep working at it.
Otherwise, life goes on as usual. We are making plans for our Canada trip and working on spring plans for the yard. We planted some seeds inside and they are sprouting amazingly. But we have a lot of work to do on the yard to get our garden ready. It may not happen 100% this year, but we're taking it one thing at a time. Scott is busy at work and the girls are busy with school and friends. We've had our share of coughs and colds, but nothing too serious.
As the weather gets better, I really want to let everyone know again that you are welcome here any time. We will babysit if you want to run across the street to the temple. It is a beautiful area and we have lots of room. It takes about 4 hours from Orem with kids\potty break.
Spring break is this next week and we are staying close to home and doing some day trips. I will take lots of pictures and post them. A few days we are going rock hunting to build free walls around flower beds, we may head to Colorado to "civilization" to go shopping, and also spend some time spring cleaning. It will be not quite as fun as a trip to Disneyland, but much less stressful and expensive for us, and the girls are just happy to spend time together and run around in the mountains.
Here's hoping, that for all of us, spring will realize it is here and change the weather accordingly.
4 comments:
I'm excited to meet your new baby in July when I come! Wow, she'll already be 4 months old...wonder how big she will be...sure is tiny at 4 days old.
I find myself smiling as I imagine all y'all with a puppy in the house. What a lucky little thing she is to be living with you guys -always someone to play with or cuddle or go diggin'.
Cool shades, Miss Whitney!
Love you all.
That picture of those sweet little puppies almost makes me want one!! Your kids will LOVE having a dog...although you are brave for taking on all that work. Whenever I read your blog it makes me wish we lived a little further out of the city...and with a temple across the street...sound ideal!! Enjoy it:)
Hmmm, sounds like our family, only I'm the one dragging my feet on getting a dog. LMS and Mr M would love to get a dog (and we probably will sometime this summer), but my time working in a vet clinic showed me just how much work they can be :) But lately I've been thinking I should research kid-friendly breeds, so I guess I've been won over. Good luck with the puppy!
Very cute picture of the puppies! Yikes you are in for a busy summer with a puppy...but it will be fun too. If Scott is gone a lot I can totally see why you want a dog.
Post a Comment