Sunday, May 27, 2012

Little of this....

Just a post to catch up a bit...I apologize for not adding more often, but I know I am not alone in Blog neglect!  so here goes:
Our irrigation water came on about a month ago. The line next door to us on an empty lot had a leak, and this is part of what it did to the weeds next to it. it was amazing, it must have misted all night to get the amaount of ice on these delicate,dry plants.
I should have taken more pictures of the whole life cycle, but we ordered Bugville butterfly larvae and had them grow and change, and finally be let go! They come as tiny, motionless caterpillars in a cup full of brown "food", they grow so fast and eat all the goo, spin webs, then go into their cocoons. They all hatched and hung out, until we were ready to let them go. It was a fun experiment, and we all enjoyed watching them. Each girl got to hold a buterfly for a minute before we let them loose, it was kindof chilly that morning, so i am not sure how the butterflies fared, but it was ok.


This is  a more recent picture of Daisy, a day before we got her shaved for the first time! I haven't taken any lately, she is getting so big, so fast! Now she can put her paws up on the counter and table and that is a new challenge! She is quick to steal food! And it's gross when she licks the table. I still haven't gotten past doggy germs, but we love having her around. She spends a lot of time outside now that it is warmer, but we are also working on her inside manners. She is getting much better with some bad habits, bu others have appeared.  She is now almost 6 months old, so just a few more months of puppyhood, and hopefully with all our efforts and some time she will turn out to be a great dog.
This is a picture of a picture, so it looks a little weird. Scott and I passed our ten year anniversary on May 4th. We just had an at home date, I got steaks and we just hung out. it was fun, nothing too exciting since we went on the cruise in February.  Oh, I got Scott an iPad, something we have gone back and forth on, but I decided to splurge for a new toy for him. He loves it, but not more than the kiddos! We have already gotten quite a few fun apps, and it is nice to skype with Scott when he is out of town. Which is often, lately.  Today he is dealing with a forest fire, and if conditions stay the same, there may be a lot this year. 
My birthday came and went, Scott left Sunday the 13th at the crack of dawn to head to Reno, NV for a conference. So he was gone Mother's Day and my birthday. On Monday night Scott had arranged for a few girls to come suprise me. I had just finished putting kids to bed and was starting to clean up when they arrived, so I wasn't quite prepared but it was ok. Carolyn Turnbow, Koryn Knudsen and Liesl Malin came over and brought peanut butter\chocolate pie and ice cream and we just visited. It had been kindof a tough day and so that was a nice ending to it. 31 feels fine, I renewed my driver's license and at least my pictures look quite similar, even if the weight has creeped up a bit! That's ok, cuz i love the four reasons why! Abby and the girls tried to take care of me, make breakfast and cards and stuff for Mother's day and my birthday. The joy of having daughters is that I know they will make my days special as they get older, they are already so thoughtful, and I often miss friends and family during May, so that helps. I know I am very blessed in my life.
Things have been incredibly busy with the end of the year school things and summer things starting up.  Abby had a bunch of field trips, they had field days, water days, ceremonies, and everything else. Baseball started with a vengeance. Both girls have to be on teams with boys, which is not ideal but they both love it and wanted to play.  They have at least two practices and a game each week, and of course end up in different towns on the same nights for a bunch of games. Not sure how we will work that out. Sara chose not to play, which is fine with me, she is more interested in the playground.  Swimmming lesson start next week and all three girls will be in them. One small mercy is that they ended up with different teachers, but the same time! so I won't be driving back and forth 6 times a day.  Some ladies in town are starting a dance studio, so we signed up three girls. Abby in Jazz, Isabel in Tumbling and Sara in Ballet. They are all so excited. But I will be making a lot of trips for that! At least it isn't far in our little town. It is good to be busy, since Scott is pretty much MIA, starting a few weeks ago, until after hunting season. But he is committed to doing some camping and fishing this year, so that will be fun for the girls. We just have to get him out of town and cell phone range!
Whitney turns three on the 30th. She is such a sweet girl, and we all love her so much. She is JUUUUUUUST about potty trained, I am shocked she took this long. It is weird not having a baby, or diapers! No news in that department, but it is not an impossibilty to add to our family someday.
As for me, pretty much the same, still trying to keep up with the girls and Scott and the house and yard. It has been a crazy amount of work getting sprinklers functioning, garden started, lawn worked on and so many other projects. Daisy is worse than a child, sticking her nose in everything we do, literally. The biggest thing is to get grass growing on our dirty weed filled back lot, but the wind sure does blow here and scott is gone so much we haven't put down seed yet. hopefully very soon! Our fruit twigs have all grown leaves and out raspberry\blackberry patch seems to be sprouting back after pretty much dying out on the surface. So we are optimistic. All of this takes time, but we hope to see the fruits of our labors in a few years. Our shade trees are surviving well and fence still looks good. We added rocks to any areas where Daisy would get out and that seems to work. Luckily she would just go to the front porch and hang out until we found her.  Anyways, that is a bitof what's going on, I will write more later!

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Yipppppeeeee! A blog update. So good to hear your news, even some for a second time. And love the pictures! So glad you live in a small town where people just get organized to do the things you need - not like in the city where you expect to find everything, but have to drive all over in traffic to get your kids to them. Hugs to all. cc

Pam said...

So does this mean I should blog?? I'm thinking I'll just start a new one called "Procrastination" and leave it blank. :)

Busy times! I wish I was there to help with your planting and seeding. Then you could come here and give me some decorating ideas! Great pictures too.