Isabel and Mr McDaniel. We attended the little awards assembly for kindergarten and first grade and Isabel got one for getting 2nd place in the obstacle course on field day.
Here is what Isabel has to say about 1st grade: I liked math tests.and I like Mr. McDaniel. We went to the Indian Museum and we got to look for stuff and we went on a hike, and saw a Tipi and went in it! I had tons of friends and they are fun to play with.
Abby got an award for her Language Arts testing. she is a big reader but they do a program where you get points for books you read and take test on and it looks like next year we will have to try harder to get more points! She needed 100 pts to go on a special field ttrip, and she had that by January and ended the year with over 200 points, but that wasn't enough to win it. She is into real chapter books and I am struggling to find good books she is interested in. So much 'tween stuff is all girl drama, or scary stuff. So I have gotten her a few of the classics, and we will keep working on it. Abby had a good year in school, and continues to do well. We are so proud of our girls and all that they are doing and learning. I am thankful to be in a place with good people who are dedicated to the kids, even if it is small. Sara finished preschool with a party and she is looking forward to kindergarten. Our special teacher who taught Isabel has finally gotten pregnant after years of trying and we are so excited for her. But this means she ended up having to take a year off, so we don't know who Sara's teacher will be. I am sure he or she will be great, but we will miss Mrs. Garchar!
1 comment:
Yup, chapter books are tough! Natalie is into these Judy Moody books which seem pretty harmless- they're about this girl who has a mood for everything. We like the Ramona books (I swear Mia IS Ramona!), the Bunnicula books and the classics as well. The Littles are a bit young for her but still a fun read. We read a chapter book called Frindle together this year and she liked it. So many of the books she could read have teen drama in them that I get frustrated.
Post a Comment