Saturday, June 2, 2012

Whitney turns Three!

 Whitney is growing up so fast! This year we are not doing friend parties, and I have to say I am thankful. three year old parties are a little crazy! Instead of focussing on all the cleaning and planning and craziness, we just did what is important to a little lady...number one being balloons! I asked Whitney what color she wanted, and she started naming every color, so a dozen rainbow balloons were the highlight of the day! For all the kids!
It has been a crazy and busy few weeks and so this time no fancy cake happened. I got a red velvet (our first one ever) from the grocery store, wrote on it with a little gel icing tube, and added princess sugar decorations that didn't match at all! But you know what, it's ok! She loved it, the cake was actually really good, especially for store-bought. There is a little bit of mommy guilt for not doing something fabulous like all my talented friends out there, but it's not hard to let go of all that when I see how happy she is and how unstressed I am.  Next year perhaps I will go all out. But enough about me.

Whitney got a few presents, mostly clothes, but also a puzzle, princess dolls and a little wooden bed for baby dolls.  She was happy with that, and enjoyed the day.

Whitney continues to grow and change all the time, but still remains sweet and cuddly. She is getting some attitude lately, but it is actually kindof funny to watch. My favorite are the freak outs that come from playing with her sisters. You would think she broke an arm, and when she finally comes to me and I ask what's wrong, it is something like "Sara won't let me be Rapunzel!" or "Isabel turned me into a frog!"  so she is entertaining. She also makes stuff up and that is funny as well. Amazing how young they learn to just flat out lie.  She is into Dora and butterflies and Tangled. She loves her sisters, and right now Isabel is her declared favorite. They are cute together. This summer has been such a trial for her little self, while her sisters get dropped off for swimming lessons and dance, she is ot able to do those yet, and it breaks her heart! I feel so bad, life just isn't fair!She loves her Dad and misses him a lot when he is gone. She is starting to love talking on the phone and thinks every time I am on it, it has to be a Grandma on the other end.  She has an amazing little spirit and goes along with what the rest of us are doing, especially copying her sisters, but also grabbing a book and climbing in to bed with me to read, or helping me cook.  We love Whitney so much and can't wait to see what she does over the next year!

No comments: