My first real donation
Abby helping flip
Some cut out and partly sewn diapers,as well as a completed set.
Over Christmas break I was able to put together a small
diaper party. I needed help with the non-sewing steps and got a few people involved.
I had a lot to do to prepare for it, and it ended up being a bad Saturday that
many people could not attend, but it was a big step for me. I love doing the
diapers, but it is hard to ask for help. But I know I can serve more families
if I spread some of the work around. It was fun to visit and we did get a lot
done, cutting, trimming, flipping and ironing. I work on the diapers as I can when I have time and a clean table. I was
able to finally make my first donation of 20 sets of diapers to a hospital in North
Dakota. It was a lot of work but really fun to put together and send. I have
many stacks in different stages of completeness, so I had not really felt like
I was contributing. There is an active Facebook group and I wasn’t able to be
giving like I wanted to, like others in the group. So now I feel better, I was
able to help a little bit. The main goal is to have a big donation and or a
stockpile ready to go by Lauren’s birthday. In February I am working with the
Young Women in our church to make the no-sew hats to go with eat set of
diapers. I ordered all the supplies and am now just sewing and waiting to get
that done. They want me to say a few things and I am working out what the best
ideas will be. Hopefully by early March I will have an awesome stack of these
sweet little diapers to give away. I still hate that there is a need, but I am
so grateful I can help. My girls love to help, too, and I love what this
service is teaching them. I share this not for my own vanity, but so that
others are aware and maybe motivated to help. Or so that if anyone ever has a
need for something like this, they will know it is out there for their precious
baby. The women in charge of the organization are the amazing ones, and I love
seeing the good they do, and how good they are at it.
Teeny Tears website
No comments:
Post a Comment