After the shower we went up with the family to the grave, sang to her and blew bubbles. The kids had a lot of fun with that.
Blowing bubbles across Aunt Susan and Lauren's graves
Wednesday night it was calm enough and Scott was home, so we tried out the sky lanterns. They were a little tricky, some ripped and any little breeze could cause problems, but they were cool when they worked.
Each girl wrote on a lantern for Lauren
Isabel's
Whitney's
Sara's
Abby's
We went camping Friday which was her actual birthday, we took little cupcakes and pink candles, sang and they all blew out the candle. It was good to get away from everything and just be quiet and with our family. I wish we were sharing pictures of a messy little one year old digging into a cake, but we did our best and we made it through.
I don't think I can really go into everything the last week brought. Sometimes I feel like sharing, not so much right now. The birthday itself was manageable and we did it just fine. There were other days that were really hard leading up to it. There are questions and a lot of unknowns with the new baby and worries and all of it rolled together can be very difficult. I wish I could say it has been a year and I am feeling better or more like myself, but the deja vu with this pregnancy and everything else just makes it seem like yesterday that we lost her. I remember it all so clearly, and we still miss her so much. But I know we will get to see her again someday, and I feel her near. We love you Lauren, Happy Birthday.
No comments:
Post a Comment