Friday, March 21, 2014

Baby BOY Shower

Once we found out we were having a boy, the family wanted to do a shower for us. The idea was pretty scary to me, but as time went on it started to sound more fun. I was most excited to see old friends. On March 8th we were able to go to Orem and have the shower. There were a few bumps in the planning and a few mysteriously lost in the mail invitations, but over all it turned out cute and fun. I ended up doing the decorations which was fine and we had a good time putting them together. Here are the invites:

A lady in Highland made this cake.
 I guess the theme was "woodland"  or twigs in a can. and burlap. But they were sweet.

 I was able to borrow some wooden accents someone had made for a Relief Society conference here, so that was helpful and I loved the little clotheslines.
 We did not do games, but had a jelly bean guessing contest, asked for name ideas and advice for raising boys.
 The gift table, the words say "Boy oh Boy"  I put my camera away after setting up, so I need pictures with people in it! I hate it when I do that! If you have any,email me! We had yummy sandwiches, cupcakes, fruit and other things. Mostly we just visited. It was fun to see that even though all my friends were from different parts of my life and did not know each other, when you get a bunch of girls together they always find something in common to talk about. I was also so grateful for their willingness to help with my little hat project.
 I was so blessed. Not only did I get to see some old friends, some who I hadn't seen since college and lots of other great family and friends(even Grandma CC from Canada was able to fly down!), but they were all so generous. I can honestly say that I love everything we got. Boys clothes are cute! So we have lots of things with sports and trucks and boy stuff. I am so grateful to everyone who came. I was informed by many people that even if me and Scott are ok with him wearing pink, they are not.
 We got diapers, soap and wipes. These items I have been too nervous to buy myself so I am happy we have a little bit to get us started.
 I went through everything and pulled out the smallest sizes that we will need first. I have a drawer full of cuteness, and then some.
Some of the blankets we got. Many are from Grandma Jane, who is so excited about the first grandson in 14 years, others that were sent from friends and family. They are all so adorable, thank you. I was able to put away a lot of my girly blankets since we have more than enough new ones. This little guy will be very comfortable and stylish. Although I still hate being the center of attention and it was a little crazy leading up to the shower, I had a lot of fun and just wished we could have had a few more hours to hang out. I know that this little boy coming after all these girls deserves everything of his own that he can get, he is special and worth all of it. All this blue is very different, but I know we will love using it. I love my girls' reactions to all the "cuuuuuuuuute" things. Thanks!

No comments: