Monday, June 1, 2009

Baby Whitney





























Here she is, finally! I was induced Saturday, the 30th about 3:00 pm. Whitney Hope was born at 9:11 pm. Things went pretty well, I am doing fine and not in any pain, just tired. We spent most of Friday waiting to be called in to be induced and that didn't happen. But it all worked out. Whitney was 6 lbs 11 oz, a tiny thing but is already showing some personality. She slept most of her first day, going 12 hours without feeding but she was fine. I should have been sleeping the whole time. Today she is much more awake and is eating constantly. She has figured out nursing quite well and I am hopeful that won't be a problem, except keeping the other girls off of her. All three have been very good, gentle and interested in their new sister, it will just take some adjusting to working around a newborn. We are glad Scott will be around for a few days to help.
Other big news is that we got and accepted an offer on our house today. We are cautiously optimistic about it. I don't want to get my hopes up, and we didn't make quite as much profit as we would have liked, but in this economy we are just glad it sold, and at the right time. Our house in Monticello is done June 23, we should close on this house June 30, so we will have to work all of that out. We are excited that things are finally coming together, just have a another crazy month until we can settle down in our new home. I will write more later, but just wanted to get these pics out to all of you! She has almost strawberry blonde hair, very light eyelashes and eyebrows so I am thinking she will stay light. All our other girls were dark so this was interesting to see when she came out.







6 comments:

kcwatson said...

She is soo cute! And I love the name Whitney...Congratulations...glad it all went well.

Jen said...

Congratulations on the addition and on selling your house!! Whitney is adorable!

Leisa Waldron said...

She is adorable! Congrats!

Olga Clark said...

Whitney is so cute, she looks like Isabelle to me, Good to hear you have an offer, will make things a little easier

Anita said...

Oh my gosh Amy--she is just beautiful!!! Whitney is such a sweet name choice too:) I'm glad everything went well. Enjoy that little tiny girl--she will grow up WAY TOO FAST!

Colleen said...

My heart is full. She is gorgeous. I love how you have captured the expressions on all the girls' and Scott's faces as they gaze at the new wee one. Thanks for posting the pics for all of us "far-aways" to see. I'm grateful that all went well, and i can barely wait to see you all.
Love,
Grandma CC