It has been a while since I have posted...I have been trying but having a hard time getting my pictures uploaded. I am trying again today, but if it doesn't work, I thought I would post anyways. Things have been busy as usual the last few months, but we have all been good. As of today, 4 out of the 6 in our family have had some sort of stomach bug. It hasn't been terrible, but still no fun. We were lucky up until this week to avoid most germs, so that was nice considering the current climate of germ terrorism.
We made a trip up to Orem to sign our mortgage papers and see everybody. I wanted to take the girls to the zoo to see the baby elephant and baby giraffe they have there. We ended up getting there on a day with decorations and trick or treating, it was fun. We also got free kids dinner coupons for Red Robin, so we headed there afterwards for lunch.
We had a good Halloween, the girls enjoyed it, although Sara REALLY didn't want to be the nice, warm monkey. She wanted to be a princess. All the drama went away once she got out the door and on her way to candy. We over bought for ourselves, and have bags of candy left. We are on a street with only 2 houses, so we didn't get much traffic. I am about ready to get rid of all of it though, since I get asked for candy from the minute the kids get up until they go to bed.
We had a good Halloween, the girls enjoyed it, although Sara REALLY didn't want to be the nice, warm monkey. She wanted to be a princess. All the drama went away once she got out the door and on her way to candy. We over bought for ourselves, and have bags of candy left. We are on a street with only 2 houses, so we didn't get much traffic. I am about ready to get rid of all of it though, since I get asked for candy from the minute the kids get up until they go to bed.
Abby is still loving her class at school. She is reading so well! We are shopping for a camcorder so we can post things on here, I will have to post her reading. It is amazing because she is very young in her grade, but she is so smart. Isabel is also gettting ready to read, I actually think if I work more with her she could be reading before kindergarten. She is loving her preschool and friends, and constantly asks to go to friends' houses. I think she misses Abby.
Scott has been enjoying work, finding a lot of ways to keep busy. Right now he makes a lot of people unload the firewood they forgot to get permits for. He also spent some time hunting with his Uncle Brad and second-cousin Ralph. They were unsuccessful in shooting anything, but I think they had fun. The girls loved having uncle Brad here with us. Scott also spent 2 weeks in South Carolina learning about marijuana gardens. He took most of the course while he was in Georgia, but for some reason he had to take it again. There have been quite a few of these gardens here in Utah, and they are going to be getting very aggressive with getting rid of them.
I have been slowly but surely organizing the house. Getting things where I want them. I am getting ready to decorate, and am trying to get ideas together for painting, etc. I am ready to get rid of some of the beige around here! I have also been able to go to a few girl's nights and meet people. There really are a lot of cool ladies around here, I just have to get myself out of the house a little more. But that will come. Whitney is getting bigger, not eating quite as close together, and she will be starting solid foods soon. I am not in any hurry, though. I expect the high chair will be much more interesting for Sara than it will be for Whitney. Whitney still just hangs out, she is quite happy and laughs and smiles a lot. She is still an impatient eater and that has been hard sometimes, but she is growing just fine. She doesn't seem to be interested in rolling or anything, and again, I am not too worried about it. I don't mind her being immobile. She is a cutie, and we love having her in our family.
We did finally get all our loan paperwork signed a few weeks ago, so our mortgage is finished and we are off the construction loan. No more free ride here :) We are so glad, the entire process of selling our old house and getting everything done with this one was over 6 months of worry and faxing and signatures and daily phone calls to the bank and mistakes and drama and we are SOOOO happy it's over!!
We now head into the holiday season ready to enjoy time with the family and just simplify. I am getting quite good at online shopping for things, but really we are close to ready for our Christmas, with a big suprise for the girls already in the basement. Just all the other people in our lives to shop for, but I still think we'll keep it to a minimum. As for Thanksgiving, we are so thankful for our beautiful home and family, for an amazing job that pays all our bills and just having not much to complain about. We wish the same to all our friends and family.
2 comments:
Love the picture of all the grandkids. Notice all the girls are wet from the knees down.
It's so good to hear from you guys. I'm glad you are all doing well. Loved the halloween pics. We miss you guys!
Post a Comment