Thursday, February 17, 2011

Mini Cheer Camp




Last week the girls did a cheer camp the high school cheerleaders were doing. They spent two hours a day for three days practicing a dance and some cheers and tumbling. It was a crazy week. On Thursday they performed at the halftime of the girls' and boys' basketball games.
Abby and Isabel both had a great time and learned the cheer quite well. Sara, not so much. She spent most of the time laying on the floor, crying or heading to the bathrom and them leaving her pants there. ( she had on a dress, with pants under for warmth) She said she missed me and i tried to stay and help but she just wasn't into it. Still, i kept trying. Finally at the game, she seemed excited and she went for it. I was expecting her to be the kid on the floor, but she did really well and obviously had absorbed something. The dance was to the song "I whip my hair back and forth" by Willow Smith. If you haven't heard it, look it up. It has to be one of the most ...ummm.... obnoxius songs in the world and you can't get it out of your head! Isabel had a sore neck from whipping her hair, seriously. Anyways, they were all excited and it was cute, the ask daily to watch the video we took of the event. If i get it figured out I will post it on here.
It was a crazy but fun week, and I was able to get out a bit more than usual. I took the girls to the first game, and then we all went to the boys' game as a family. The girls love the social scene there, and it is fun to be involved in the community. It's definitely different from where I grew up and didn't even have stands, and where Scott grew up, he was in the band and the school had thousands of kids. Oh, and we won both games. Go Buckaroos!


No comments: