So I was getting in the mood to paint our main living area. There were also some other things I wanted to do, like a tile backsplash in the kitchen(it's all one big room so I wanted to coordinate at the same time). The beige was getting old. However, some things came up and I decided against painting right now. Anyways, I have had all these frames and older pictures, plus newer pictures I just printed out a few weeks ago and I just decided to hang them. if I do end up painiting, I'll just figure out the nail hole situation. Scott is in Reno for the week and somehow I usually end up doing some sort of project when he's gone. One time I did paint my whole house when he was in Germany, another time I painted out bathroom here and added reall cool vinyl wall art.
So, I also was able to finally figure out what to do with a beautiful painting Scott did for me waaaay back. I love it, but the paper was an odd shape and small. I wanted to scan it and print it out, but it ended up being easiest to just take a picture of the painting and I then printed it big on canvas. It turned out really nicely, although the wrap took off more of the edge than I was expecting. Now we can enjoy the picture always. I love it.
I also painted a shadowbox that was pink. I got it a while ago on clearance and thought I would put it in one of the girl's rooms, but I thought it would work. The last major thing was the saying, it says "it doesn't matter where you go in life, it's who you have beside you." I had gotten the vinyl last year for my birthday with an Amazon gift card, but I kept waiting and wondering if I was going to paint, obvioulsy I would put it up afterwards. But i visited a friend and she was nice enough to give me the idea and the frame to put it on glass.
So there it is, Whitney wants to be picked up and look at the pictures all day long, and it will be a surprise for Scott when he gets back. We'll get this house in shape, one thing at a time.
5 comments:
It turned out great! I am glad you used the frame!!
Oh, my, Ames. It's gorgeous - and looks like every one of those things you put up is precious and has a story. Can't wait to see it for real this summer and hear the stories. No wonder Missy wants up to see them all! Scott will get a lump in his throat when he sees it...I just know. Hugs.
the decorating looks great...I didn't know that Scott could paint though! It is fun to see pictures of your family, girls are growing fast!
I love your wall! I've been thinking of doing something like that on our stair wall. Good job.
Way cute, Amie, can you come decorate my house now?
Post a Comment