Thursday, October 16, 2008

Finally!

One of my main setbacks in blogging is getting everything where I want it! So I am not going to worry about that right now. Just get the update and a few cute pics out. I envy a lot of you and your blogging skillz-I am open to any pointers!

So-Abby started Kindergarten! Her teacher is Mrs. Davis and she is really sweet. She calls all the kids "friends" instead of "class" or whatever, and Abby really likes her. Abby picked her own backpack while we were in line at an insane Old Navy $7 jean sale, and I was fine with it because it doesn't have Princesses of Dora on it ( the main choices for girls these day) She goes in the morning and carpools with some neighbors, so I just pick her up at noon, along with another boy. They have been doing phoenetic spelling and it is very interesting to see, and makes you realize how complicated the English language is. She is doing great.
Abby and Isabel both did 2 weeks of swimming lessons. It was a lot of work for me since it take 25 min to get to the pool for a half hour lesson. But I wanted them to have some skills so that we could all go when Scott was gone. It is a great pool with a lot of shallow splash areas, so i think we might go. Abby really figured it out, and can swim front and back in a life jacket. She puts her head under water and everything. I am really proud of her. Isabel was a little young and decided to switch roles with Abby and be the stiff, terrified one. But she'll be fine. She also managed to swallow water and then barf in the pool, the one day Scott took them. Nice.
My Dad , stepmom, and brother came to visit from Switzerland via BC, so that was really nice. we had a lot of fun and saw a few sights here in Utah. It is good for the kids to get to see them now that they are old enough to remember them.

We went up Provo Canyon to a park to take some fall pictures, here is one of Sara, I will add more later, I just thought this was sweet.




Yesterday Isabel's Joy school had a field trip to the pumpkin patch at Thanksgiving point. There were a ton of different things to do. We took Abby since it was something we probably wouldn't get to with Scott leaving. Here is a little photo op, I will also add more about this later.

I am glad enough of you care about us to complain about our lack of updates. We wish you all a happy fall!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Amy, it's cool to get your news and see the pictures. I love that Isabel's school name is the same as her second name...does she "get it"? I'm only a little prejudiced, but they are the cutest kids, like their mom and dad. And you are the bravest parents ever.
Love, Grandma CC